1 ltr milk
3/4 c milk powder
Saffron, a pinch, soaked in water
1/2 c almonds
china grass, soaked in water for 45-60 min
- Soak almonds in hot water. Peel their skin.
- Grind the almonds, leaving behind a few almonds for garnishing.
- Make a paste out of the almonds and further grind it in milk so that the almonds are finely ground.
- In a saucepan, boil the china grass with a little water on medium flame.
- When the china grass dissolves, add all other ingredints except saffron and the almonds kept for garnishing.
- When milk boils, lower flame and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Switch off flame and pour faloodas into a greased tray(I used steel tray and so I did not have to grease them).
- Sprinkle saffron over the falooda and garnish with almonds.
- When it cools, refrigerate until they become firm.
- Cut them into diamonds before serving.