Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Charmuri


There is nothing better than eating chaats from the gaddi and topping it with sugarcane juice.Uhhhh.my mouth is watering.This time when I went to India, I went twice to the gaddi opposite st. alousious college in light house road.However, I did not taste their famous charmuri as I was not sure whether they will taste good(somehow, chaat and puffed rice dont fall into the same category).But when soufanammai told me that charmuri is one of the best chaats, I wanted to taste it.Since there is no "gaddi" in qatar, I decided to prepare charmuri at home. With a little research in the internet and soufanammai's advice on the major ingredients, I prepared them and they came out really good. The only problem is that puffed rice gets soggy very fast.Anyway,herez the recipe:

Ingredients:
4 cups puffed rice
2 handfuls of congress kadlekai
2 onions, chpped very finely
1 tomato, chopped very finely
1 raw mango, chopped very finely
2 green chillies,sliced vertically
lemon juice, to taste
salt, to taste
red chilli powder, to taste

Method:
Mix all the ingredients and serve IMMEDIATELY.

Tips:
Congress kadlekai is skinned and roasted peanuts mixed with a little oil, turmeric, hing, chilly powder, pepper and salt.
You can remove the green chillies before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment