Friday, July 9, 2010
Chicken- 1, cut into small pieces
Onions- 6, big, sliced
Ghee- 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 2 tbsp, roasted and powdered
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Green chilli paste- 2 tbsp
Garama masala powder- 1 tbsp
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Tomatoes- 2 medium, peeled
Curds- 1/2 cup
Cashewnuts- 1/2 cup
Kasoori methi- 1 tbsp
Marinate chicken in 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, little curds and salt for 15
minutes. Saute onion till brown. Cool and blend with tomatoes.
Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add green chilli paste. Stir for a while. Add ginger
garlic paste and fry till aroma comes. Add garam masala and cumin seeds.
Saute for 2 minutes. Add onion tomato paste, chicken and salt. When chicken
is cooked, add cashew nut paste. Let it boil. When it boils, add 2 tbsp ghee
at the center of the gravy.When ghee melts, add kasoori methi.
Optional: Wash and heat a piece of charcoal on direct flame. When spark
comes, add it to the curry. Remove charcoal before serving.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Soufanammai prepared this one. It is a simple evening snack that you can keep munching into and never get tired of.
- Split gram dal- 500 gm
- Rice(paccheri)- 2 cup
- Egg - 1
- Salt- to taste
- Maida- 1/4-1/2 cup (if needed)
- Blend rice, egg and salt with a little water in a blender until it forms a not-so-wattery batter.Add a little maida if it gets wattery.
- Pour a little batter into a bowl.Add some dal. The dal should be well coated by the batter.
- Fry in hot oil on high flame.
- Remove the dal when it becomes hard and gets a light golden colour. Remember not to add all the dal into the batter in one go, add only as much is needed to make in one batch.