Since eid is nearing and the kitchen is busy with eid preparations, I decided to post something prepared by the ladies in the house. So the date cake will be followed by something prepared by belimma and soufanammai. These date cakes are something that has been served for eid and praised by the guests since the past 2 years. 1 thing i like about the recipe is that it does not use butter. So there is no need to wait for the butter to melt. The dates are also soaked for hardly 15 minutes, making this a quick and easy cake.
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup maida
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
- Sift maida and baking powder together.
- Soak dates in milk for some time.
- Grind sugar and soaked dates in a blender.
- Add oil.Mix well. This needs a lot of patience.
- Slowly add maida. Mix.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake at 375 degree celcius.
- Remove from oven after 30-35 minutes or if a skewer comes clean when inserted into the cake.