Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baked chicken

A couple of days back, we had a small get together at home. Umma asked me as to what I would be preparing, I began to rack my bains for something different. I settled for oven baked chicken as I felt it would be healthy. The chicken baked beautifully, not too hard and not too soft, with a perfect blend of spiciness and tanginess. I didn't even get a chance to click pictures, so if anyone of you tries it out, you are welcome to send me the photos and I will upload them.

Ingredients:

1/2 kg chicken, cut into small pieces

1 tsp coriander seeds

3/4 tsp cumin seeds

6 cloves garlic(you can reduce the amount of garlic if you are using the larger variety)

1 small piece ginger

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 tbsp vinegar

1/4 cup yoghurt

2 tsp chilli powder

salt

ghee

potato wedges, onion rings, quartered tomatoes(optional)

Method:

Marinate chicken with salt and juice of 1 lemon. Keep it aside. Grind ginger, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, cumin and corinader seeds to a smooth paste. Mix with curds, chilli powder and salt. Add the chicken and mix it well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Place the chicken pieces on a greased baking tray and bake for 10 minutes on moderate heat. Turn the chicken over and baste ghee over the chicken. If you wish, you can add veggies now. Bake on high heat until the chicken becomes charred brown(similar to tandoori chicken). Turn the chicken again and baste ghee. Bake until the chicken becomes brown and all the liquid evaporates. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment