Thursday, April 29, 2010

Paneer fry

I am a huge fan of paneer. On my last visit to India, when I discovered a huge bag of paneer in the supermarket, I couldn't resist buying it. I know i'm crazy, but I brought the whole 1 kg bag of paneer to Qatar-only to realise that we get the same pack over here also ;)
This was the first dish I prepared using this paneer. I took the recipe from www.aayisrecipes.com .It is a food website managed by Shilpa. She has some great recipes there. Do visit her website.
The dish was originally named paneer chilly, but since I found it the least spicy, I decided to rename it Paneer fry.
Paneer fry or paneer chilly, whatever the name be, tastes really good. I think I'd rate it 3.5/5. The reason being that it does not have the WOW factor in it, but it surely will get over within a few minutes. The onions and capsicum give it a very good flavour. You can serve it as an appetizer or for dinner alongside khubz or chappathi.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Paneer chopped into cubes
  • 3-4 green chilies
  • 1 tea spn soya sauce
  • 1 tea spn tomato ketchup
  • 1/2 tea spn ginger-garlic paste
  • 1/2 cup onions slices
  • 1/2 cup capsicum slices
  • 1 tbl spn oil
  • 2-3 strands coriander leaves
  • Salt

    Method:
  • Heat oil and fry the Paneer cubes till they turn slightly brownish. Take them out.

  • In the remaining oil, add ginger-garlic paste and onions.
  • Fry till onions turn translucent.
  • Add capsicum, slitted green chilies and fry till they become soft.
  • Add soya sauce, tomato ketchup, salt and paneer.
  • Mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.





2 comments: