Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cornflakes biscuits



Okay.....that was a looooong holiday. But I think it is high time now that I restart my blog and Insha Allah, I won't be stopping my blog in the near future. I have got loads of recipes to post.

During my preparatory holidays, I and Nada used to sleep late at night and wake up late in the morning. One such night, we were craving for a midnight snack. Nada requested, or rather "emotionally blackmailed" me to prepare chocolate chip cookies. I agreed but then realised that we did not have chocolate chips. It is then that I remembered about these cookies that belimma used to prepare loooong back. I felt it would be perfect as it is a no-fail recipe and is ready in like half an hour. I kept all the ingredients on the countertop and then realised we were short of one ingredient. What?----CORNFLAKES. Okay, now this was crazy, I couldn't believe my luck. Par main haar maanne waalon main se nahi hoon. So what if it was almost midnight, I decided to go to MP. But the next problem was "permission". Umma was sleeping and belimma would never let us go to MP late in the night. That is when we remembered that our "pyaari uncle" was still awake. I went up to Shaheenkaka and requested him to get cornflakes. He replied that he was sleepy. I asked him if I could go with Noora and he said ok. Yes! No more obstacles. I quickly went down and got a carton of cornflakes and we had delicious cornflakes ready in 30 minutes


Makes: 3 Dozen

Ingredients:
1 cup cornflakes
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (I use cashewnut)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp cardamom

Method:
Mix all ingredients and make small lime sized balls with your hand. Slighly flatten them and place them on a nonstick baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit or until the top becmes slightly golden colour. The biscuits will still be soft when removed from the oven but will harden in about 10 minutes.


Before baking:








After baking:




No comments:

Post a Comment